Sunday, May 6, 2007

drawings


An exercise for class.



Another self-portrait, inspired by a long wait at a bus stop in Trenton. The the glass in the frame that holds it cracked accidentally, which I wound up liking. At the moment, this drawing is on display at the Vibe Cafe in Trenton. All my efforts to get it back have failed, and I'm a little worried. I promised it to my aunt.



An exercise.



Yet another self-portrait--this one in charcoal. It's a combination of a photograph taken by my friend, Emily, and another wait in Trenton for the bus.



Click to enlarge--a series of ink drawings.


A five minute sketch, using black marker and acrylic paint, which was sort of rubbed on with my fingers.

1 comment:

Glen Cross said...

Self-Portrait Number 1:

Almost iconographic, the face against bold yet worn red with dark-leaf inlay is highly memorable. I love the downward wash of translucent hair.